I have a few questions for you.
- Do you ever want to throw up the white flag and surrender?
- Does admitting defeat seem like the only way to win?
- Is giving up starting to look like your only option?
- Will abandoning all hope give you some kind of peace?
- Do the words “I’m done!” wait to leap from your mouth?
If so I have a question for you:
- How do YOU stop yourself from calling it quits?
- How do YOU keep moving forward?
- What do YOU tell yourself when things look hopeless?
- Have YOU ever actually given in to the giving up feelings? Did it help?
- WHY do you keep trying when you want to throw up your hands in helpless defeat?
How do you keep on keeping on?
No, don’t worry, I’m fine. I’m always fine. I have my coping strategies, my work arounds, my pick-me-ups, my support network.
I’m just wondering how other people do it.
I stand in awe of what others manage to get through. I’m amazed at their ability to withstand challenges that would wither me.
So I’m just curious about you.
What’s gotten you through the tough spots?
Good questions! I just plug along, hoping that things will change. They always do… eventually. Endurance. Hope. Faith in Gods plan. Sometimes I have to dig DEEP to be able to endure. I have to be patient with myself & cut myself some slack (which is the hardest task.) I try to focus on the lessons I’m learning, the soul sanctification that is happening, the strength I receive from on High.
I have learned that when that dark, threatening cloud that surfaces, always goes away in time and the silver lining of hope seems to appear again. It is not always easy to not want to give up and in fact, many times I have said ‘I just can’t do this anymore’ but I am always able to go on with God’s help through pray and hope that things will improve. My belief in God and his love for me assures me that I can get going and strive to turn my fears into faith.
A good cry, prayer, sometimes chocolate, and more prayers — mostly prayers.
Oh and writing in my Happy Journal that a loving sister gave me!