You know that feeling you have when you've been thirsty for a while, quite a while, and you finally, blessedly get that drink of water? You guzzle that drink like your life depends on it. (It does.) You might even let some water dribble out the sides and run down your chin and neck because you're so thirsty you just forget about manners and appearances. And when you're done pouring that liquid into your parched body you let out that loud, contented sigh. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh...
That feeling right there is how the cool air feels to me when it finally arrives here in the desert.
To honor that delicious, long drink of cool air that is in the atmosphere this Tuesday morning, I’m providing a list of other wonderfully satisfying experiences in my life.
– unrestrained, unstoppable laughter after a really good joke
– the golden color and sound of fall quaking aspen leaves
– my granddaughter snuggling up to my shoulder and settling in as if she’s found home.
– crumbling dirt clods with my bare hands just before planting seeds
– photographs of my children when they were young and still in awe of the world
– being lost in a book so thoroughly that time disappears and doesn’t matter
– dancing when no one else is around
– catching the perfect edge of a wave on a boogie board
– long, winding conversations
– having and taking the time to go the scenic route
This is by no means a complete list. Just a smattering of joys to share with you this fine Tuesday morning. I hope if this prompts you to think of some of your own soul quenching joys you’d feel willing to share with me. I’d love to hear about them.
Beautiful positive writing!!!! I LOVE you!